Today was the big day! This morning my MIL picked me up bright and early (6am) and we headed to Temple Medical. Checked in around 6:30 and then I headed for a quick/final pre-op with the nurse by 7am where she took my BP, temp, weight (down 9lbs WOOT WOOT - thank you WW!) and urine test. From there we headed into the OR (around 7:30ish) and within minutes I was out like a light. Next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery, I want to say it was around 10-10:30am and they sent me on my way. Getting dressed was painful, tollerable but painful.
My MIL got me situated at the house, laid out all my pills/pain meds/anti spasms and then wrote everything out for me so I would know exactly what time to take what && then off to bed I went. Ended up taking a little longer cat nap than I anticipated and woke up in a lot of pain (I was 45mins late taking the pain meds) so needless to say sitting up and getting my butt up off the couch took a little more work than I thought it would but 10-15mins later I managed LOL.
Right now I'm feeling great - a little foggy but the pain is almost non-existent .. kinda just feels like pulled muscles ::fingers crossed it continues that way:: although I've heard the 2nd day is the worse and then everything gets better from there - so we shall see. Now it's onto the countdown to Tuesday, can't wait to get the bandages off and see what these badboys look like LOL.
One thing, I'M SOOO BORED!! Now that I'm wide awake I feel like I'm going stir-crazy LOL. I just want to be out doing something. I hate being home alone && daytime TV stinks. Thankfully my mom is coming over in a bit and then we're heading out to see my nephew - just saw him Sunday but I already miss him. I feel like so much changes with him from day to day, I just want to see him everyday so I don't miss anything. I can't imagine what that feeling is going to be like once Mr. C and I have a child of our own ... ahh soon enough, soon enough. (=
No comments:
Post a Comment