Let me first start out by saying Mr. C and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner last night with one of our favorite couples at a quaint little Italian restaurant downtown. It was our first time there but definitely won't be our last - the food was delicious, service was superb and the drinks & dessert were even better!
Buttt getting up this morning for work was pure tourcher!
I was so envious of Mr. C for having the luxury of sleeping in while lucky lil ole' me had to rise and shine bright and early to get my butt to work. Not fun ) =
But as the day goes on I have to admit I'm pleasently surprised how well the day is turning out. Work is relaxing for once and to my surprise Mr. C is at home playing wife. He called me around noon to see how my day was going and I'm sure to receive praise for his good deeds (I've learned most men are like children- you need to give them structure, set boundaries and they need to be praised for their good along with receive a reward of such)... I know he couldn't wait to call me, I could hear it in his voice, the built-up excitement like a little kid. Convo:
Me: hi hunny
Mr. C.: how's work going?
Me: good, busy finishing up a report and .. (cut off by Mr.C)
Mr. C: (talking fast) that's good, so hey the kitchen is all clean, I just got done doing the dishes, picked up the living room and I'm heading out the door to go to the grocery store to get some stuff we need and dinner. How's jambalaya sound - you like that, yeah I'm going to make jambalaya, I'll have dinner all ready for you for when you come home. What time will you be home 4:30? 5:00? Nevermind, you'll be home 4:30, I'm home, I know you're going to leave early. Hey soo I'm going to stop at the video store to get some thing for me - you don't care right?
ahhh ha! There it is ... the praise.. the reward.
Of course I told him to get whatever, not that I would care if he got something anyway but it's just the point if by chance I said 'you know babe we really don't need that and that $$ could be better spent on xyx' my 31yr old husband would have instantly turned into an upset 2yr old throwing a trantrum about how he never gets anything. Mind you at 31 he's still spoiled rotten and gets everything he wants.
Me: Thank you hunny, no I don't mind - get whatever....
Soo what can I say? Should I be 'rewarding' my husband like a child for picking up his own mess.. no.. but hey if it's one less thing I have to do at the end of the day in my book it's well worth it! This was one day I'm happy I was working because heck who are we kidding, if both Mr. C and myself had the day off I would of had to do all those things and Mr. C would of still asked to get his video game - score in my book, I got paid to work and now I get to go home to a nice clean house, cooked meal and nonetheless a happy husband who I'm sure is eager to show me his new game. LOL.
Haha....men! That's too funny. What a good boy though, cleaning the house and everything. :) If I got a 'reward' every time I cleaned the house or did the laundry, I would have to buy a whole new house for all of my rewards! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL!! Too funny! So A.
ReplyDelete