Monday, January 25, 2010

1 Vacation officially BOOKED...one cancelled... and 2 are in the works (=

We live with the motto - work hard play harder - And boy do we work hard. We both work fulltime jobs during the day and then our nights/weekends are consumed with working at the restaurant not to mention my own little wedding ventures into the wedding bussiness doing Wedding Planning and Custom Invitations - add that together puts us averaging around 115-120 working hrs/week - Some weeks can be down right exhausting! So yes, Mr. C and I like to vacation alot, as often as possible. At least 2 vacations a year with hopes for 3 (=

We originally booked our 1st vacation back in Sept 09' for Sept 10' and were planning on going back to Daytona, FL with the inlaws for 7days. Then my mom mentioned us doing a vacation with her during this summer so Mr. C and I decided to put a kabosh on the Daytona, FL trip and invite everyone to join us on a cruise in July. Now we're all up for vacationing with our families - we're both very close with them but we also want a vacation or 2 to ourselves so this is a perfect opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone (sorta speak) and make this one big family vacation. We shall see how it turns out.

Here's our itinery, we are doing a 10 day Bermuda/Caribbean Cruise with Princess Cruises leaving out of NYC and ports of call include, Bermuda, San Juan PR, Grand Turk & St. Thomas:










1 New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York Depart 5:00PM 
2 At Sea
3 Bermuda (West End) Arrive 8:00AM Depart 5:00PM
4 At Sea
5 San Juan, Puerto Rico Arrive 1:00PM Depart 11:00PM
6 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Arrive 7:00AM Depart 4:00PM
7 Grand Turk Arrive 1:00PM Depart 7:00PM
8 At Sea 
9 At Sea
10 New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn), New York Arrive 7:15AM

 I CAN NOT WAIT! We love cruising! Mr. C and I have both been to St. Thomas before but we hit bad weather on our last cruise so we're looking forward to going back and hopefully catching a gorgeous day! Mr. C has been to San Juan PR (he was actually stationed there for a number of months when he was in the Navy), I have never been so he's excited to show me around.  And this will be my 3rd time going to Bermuda which will be new for Mr. C so I'm really excited about going back and being able to share some of my favorite spots with him! It is by far my favorite island I've been to so far - I can't wait to bring him to horseshoe bay (one of my favorite beaches) and this awesome dive bar the 'Hog Penny'. Ahhh I wish I was there now! And finally Grand Turk - that is one island that is new to the both of us so I'm sure we'll book some sort of fun excursion for the day.

Soo 1 down 1/2 vacations to book. Right now we're also in the works of planning a vacation in May to Cancun, that will most likely be a 5 day vacation... and hopefully we'll rebook something for September (our anniversary) - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bahamas with hopes for 4-5days to either Sandals Royal Bahamian or there new resort Emerald Bay - looks GORGEOUS!

3 comments:

  1. Woohooo!! I'm all about vacations, too. I couldn't get through a year's worth of work without something fun and exciting to look forward to. The cruise you have planned sounds awesome! I've always wanted to go on a cruise....I'm just nervous. lol We're hoping to go to either Aruba or The Bahamas this year. I've never been to either, so I'm dying to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE cruises... just matters on the cruise line. Celebrity and Princess were/are great - Carnival ahhh not so much LOL. Mr. C and I did Bahamas last year, the beaches are gorgeous! I wouldn't advise staying at the RUI though, the rooms were rundown. Mrs. T (& practically everyone else I know) swear by Aruba! It's still on our list of places to go... maybe next year (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! That is awesome!!! You must be sooo siked!!!

    ReplyDelete