After all those cold, snowy, rainy, windblown dark dreary days spring is finally here!!!!!
It is absolutely gorgeous out today! I'm a little bummed that I'm cooped up in the office and stuck working - today would have been a great day to play hookey but no luck. I did break out the flip flops though. I can not wait to get out of work, go for a nice walk with Mr. C and our baby Oscar (our dog - he'll always be our baby/1st son) LOL. And then to enjoy a nice cookout on our patio with a glass of wine in hand (wine spritzer for me ~ 2pts). I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the spring. It is my favorite time of year.
I also can't wait to get my green thumb on. Oh yeah, who would of thought, me, a gardner?! Tis true! I can plant one hell of a flower garden. Last year was my first time planting on my own, previous years I would just enjoy doing my moms garden but she had everything statigically laid out, what flowers went in what beds, which flowers looked best side by side etc. But last year having just purchased our home I was finally able to go out and pick out whatever I wanted, plant however I wanted to plant.... I think it looked great but it was definitely a learning experience. I found out some plants were only spring plants and died early on in the summer, others were summer buds and blossomed later on, so this year I'm a little more knowledgable about what to get when, what to plant early spring, what to plant late spring & what to plant in the heat of summer. So excited I can see our tulips already starting to come in!
When we purchased our house it was completely renovated, while it had new siding, new roof, windows and practically completely brand new everything on the inside the only thing it really lacked was curb appeal/landscaping so other than painting the interior over the next few weeks the landscaping is going to be our main focus this year. Can't wait until it's complete!


i love this weather its the best.. it sucks being inside all day :( Good luck with the house!
ReplyDelete