Monday, March 15, 2010

What a weekend

Don't mind me for a bit I'm just going to throw myself a little pity party. This weekend was horrible for the most part. I had to work crazy hours again, it rained non-stop... it's still raining, our basement flooded and due to our water issues we had to cancel plans to go to the St. Patty's day parade yesturday. No bueno, Mr. C and I were not happy campers this weekend. Forget relaxing, once we got home from work Saturday night the remainder of our night up until Sunday mid afternoon was spent pumping out water - every hour on the hour - not fun!

Surprisingly we did end the day on a good note, Mr C and I have been talking now for a couple of weeks about painting the house - tomorrow will be exactly 1 yr since we purchased our house and moved in - well up until this point everything has been just a boring off white/ivory color ... up until yesturday. We finally started our painting and completed 1 room. Not bad time wise either only took us 2 hours total to complete it counting taping and painting. We did the kitchen in a tangerine orange color, Mr. C's choice not mine. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about it I think we should have done a shade or 2 lighter but I'm going to see if it grows on me. IDK I think if our cabinets were a lighter finish it would look great but I'm still on the fence can't decide if I love it or hate it. But it's all about trial and error right?! I don't know why we waited so long, I think we both thought this was going to be a huge project and it's not bad at all - surprisingly it was the relaxing part of our day. HA!

I don't know what to do to finish off the room. On one hand I want to look into white finishes to brighten it up a little more (like white canisters for the counter top I think) and last night I went out and got a white valance for the window and I'm thinking about possibly even adding a small white base backsplash. Our dishwasher is white but it's on its' last leg so we want a stainless one and the stove is white (both came with the house). When we first moved in we wanted to replace both, especially the stove and get gas stove w/range -stainless- but the electric flattop stove is brand new, stickers on it when we moved in, so we can't see spending more money when the one we got works great but just doesn't fit our taste, ya know!?
But on the other hand everything else we have is stainless w/black. - who knows, I'll have to figure something out... or maybe we'll just repaint it. I'll post before/after pics tonight! Next up is the hall way, I'm going to start taping tonight and we'll either paint it tomorrow night or wait until this coming Sunday.

So on a completely different note 30 shred is going good this morning I completed day 6, I'm still doing WW but I haven't lost any more weight. I'm at a stand still =/  It's a little depressing but I feel better eating healthier and working out regularly again so I'm trying not to get hung up on the scale. I totally forget to post stats/pics from when I started so I figured I'll post them now. Stats from 3/10:

Height - 5'7"
Weight - 137lbs
Hips - 36in
Thighs - 22.5in
Waist - 28.5in
Bust - 36.5in
Arms - 11in
(post pics tonight - they're on my home computer)

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry about all the water troubles, Malis...that's awful. I hope everything's drying up now, though, especially since it's supposed to be nice out for the rest of the week.

    And, I can't believe you guys have been in your house for a year already!! I feel like it was just yesterday that you were closing on it. Wow, time flies. Good luck with all the painting! That should definitely spruce things up a bit and make it feel like a whole new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh that really sucks about the flooding. I hope it gets better soon. That is awesome about 30 shred! I have been working my ass off too, at the gym at my work. Im totally seeing a difference so has J..so he says ;o). Keep up the good work! Oh btw how did you make the header on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the flooding. I know how you feel in a way...here in NY I was out of power since Sat afternoon till about 5:30 am this morning. Hopefully our heat and hot water will be back on when I get in from work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the header from Cutest blog on the block, saved it to my comp. Then uploaded it to fotoflexor and added the wording, resaved it to my comp and then uploaded it here.(same with the badge) HTH (=

    ReplyDelete