I don't think I can ever recall being this happy about a Dr. apt.
This morning I had my pre-op appointment with Dr. Restifo .. seriously I feel like I've waited forever for this day to come - this is 9 yrs in the making! I can remember wanting an augmentation from as young as 16 and when I first mentioned it to my parents they laughed it off ...'they'll come in give it time'..... 'don't be foolish you'll look fake'.... they'll grow... they'll grow... they'll grow... yada yada yada. That's all I kept hearing from everyone. I don't think anyone ever really took the time to understand where I was coming from.
They heard one thing and one thing only - fake boobs.
No one cared about how I felt, I just wanted to feel like a woman.
During most of the year I was somewhat comfortable in my clothes. I was armed with more padded bras than a girl should ever own but then the summer months came and the thought of putting on a bathingsuit made me want to cry... I couldn't hide in a bathing suit and padded pushups did nothing for me. I worried that everyone was looking at me and my boy chest. I was uncomforable in my own skin. Then it came time for my wedding and dress shopping...
Getting fitted for my wedding dress was the breaking point, during the previous years I never 2nd guess having an augmentation it's always been something I wanted to do but I didn't forcefully persue it as much as I did when it came time for our wedding. Thankfully now I can look back at my wedding (specifically when I was getting dressed) and laugh. It was like I was padded with a suit of armor ::literally::
LOL. I had double padded inserts sewn into my dress along with a padded pushup and lets not forget the cutlets - I was padded to the max.
::fastforward to now::
I've come to a point in my life where I can now say whatever to everyone. I don't care what everyone else has to say on the matter. I don't care if people want to look at my differently or call me 'fake'. For once I'm going to do exactly what I want. I've wanted this for so long, I've thought about it long and hard, weighed the pros and cons, I know the ins and outs of the surgery and this IS something I'm going to do && this is one thing I can proudly say I'm doing for me!
I'm so excited I CAN NOT wait! February 4th please hurry...
No comments:
Post a Comment