Or so the story goes. With ever new year we ring in it's always the same outlook (for the most part) diet/exercise. BLAH!! Two things I now hate LOL. I don't know what happened to me that got me here - growing up until I was 22 I was always active, when I wasn't playing sports I was working out at the gym & not just your average 1hr workout. I was going everyday 2x's/day, 5 days/week anywhere from 2-2.5hrs a session. AND I was conscience about what I ate, I never limited what I ate - nothing was off limits but I was conscience about portion control.
Where did this person go?!?
3 years later and that person is no where to be found! I've done it I've become LAZY! Every morning I look in the mirror and hate the lack of motivation I have and what my lazy butt has turned into. My once flat stomach now has a baby pouch (minus the baby) and hello saddlebags - WTF friggin s-a-d-d-l-e-b-a-g-s!!! I walk and everything giggles - It's gross and it's time to put a stop to it!
I wasn't completely unaware of these past few years with my increasing weight gain and my new love of every food possible but I honestly did nothing to stop it - I'm going to chalk it up to settling down and getting comfortable with Mr. C.... this is what did he do to me! MEN - this is alll his fault - he stole my gym time and turned it into quality 'us' time. His love for italian not to mention is grandmothers cooking did this. Inlaws are evil I tell ya, LOL.
This week I decided it was time to take control of everything and say adios' to the crash diets I've become soo painstakingly used to these past few years. (Lately I have been reverting back to the same thing when I'm feeling unhappy about how I look/feel - liquid diet or fasting. Which works for all of 2 weeks and then everything comes right back). Instead this year I'm vowing to go back and do it the healthy way and take back control of what I put in my body - 2 days ago I signed up for Weight Watchers. So far so good! The point tracking is really easy and monitoring my intake during the day is a sinch... it's taking back control of my nighttime snacking that I know will make or break my commitment down the road - but this is a lifestyle change not just a fad diet and I have to keep my goal in mind... the end result - 4 seasons, 12 months, 365 day per year I want to be beach bod... better yet B-pic ready!
25lbs to go - let the countdown begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment