Thursday, September 9, 2010

15 Weeks 3 Days & the scale can s*ck it!

Yes it's that kinda day. This morning I had my 15 week appointment, it was great (for the most part) I was so excited to hear Baby's heartbeat again - as soon as the Dr. touched the doppler to my belly, there it was, clear as day beating away. What a beautiful sound! I swear I could of listened to it for hours if they let me.

Prior to the doppler was the not so fun part - the scale - seriously I'm convinced the scale was sent here from the devil himself. So, I step on ::drum roll:: I'm up +7lbs... 7 freakin lbs!! Who gains 7lbs this early on?! RIDICULOUS. I think the OB needs to change my name to Shamu. My Dr. didn't seem the least bit concerned about it but it still worries me. I really need to be a little more conscience of what I eat - eating freely like I have over the past couple of weeks is only going to hurt me in the end. I've always had to watch what I eat to keep my weight under control, why would I think being pregnant would be any different. Sooo back to healthy eating for me. Good bye tasty carbs, good bye delicious junk food. Time for me to bring back the lean protein, high veggies and fruit.

It sux because I thought for once I'd be 'ok' eating freely but I know in the end eating freely is only going to make me feel bad about myself when I see the scale moving to an unhealthy number - so I really need to stick to a healthy diet for both me and the baby. Granted I know being pregnant means gaining weight but I need to gain at a healthy rate and be at a healthy weight.... so hold the phone no need to get worrried and think I'm going starve myself and do a crazy diet while being pregnant. That's NOT what I mean at all - I just need steer clear of unhealthy foods and have everything in moderation. So my nightly bowl of sherbet or bag of popcorn will turn back into a small cup of sherbet *once* a week instead of every night and I'll trade the bag of movie theatre buttery sweetness for a 100 cal pop bag. Still indulging but in a controled manor.  Celery stick anyone? (=



How far along are you? 15 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain? +7 lbs
How big is the baby? Baby is the size of an orange! Measuring crown to rump about 3.5-4 inches and for the 1st time baby's legs are out measuring it's arms.
Maternity clothes? I can still fit into my regular clothes but I'm much more comfier in maternity jeans
Movement? Nothing yet but I'm hoping for something really soon!!!
Food cravings? Celery sticks ( = LOL, I wish... for real it's still broccoli and cheddar soup
Labor signs? none TY very much
What I'm looking forward too? Baby related, my next U/S on 10/4.. non-baby related the Big E next weekend!
Milestones? In just 4 short days I'll be 4 months!

4 comments:

  1. You look great!! And how the heck are you almost 4 months already??? Where did the time go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be the same way when I get pregnant! I also says I can't wait until I am pregnant so it's ok to have a "bloated" belly and now have to suck in all the time, ha! You look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous!!!! Dont worry so much about gaining, its going to happen regardless, you might as well enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Mama!!! Don't stress the weight!

    ReplyDelete